Thursday, July 10, 2014

Artisan bread ( basic white)



I have heard of 5 minutes Artisan bread a lot so I gave it a go the other day. Basically you stir and mix all ingredients and leave it overnight for enough fermentation in the fridge. Next day, just thaw and shape it, let it rise for some time before oven baked.  It turned out O...K..., hm.. I must say I found it a little dense and heavy.

So, I went on to try making another one on my bread machine.
The whole process took about slightly 5 hours to complete the whole baking! I had a peep inside the machine, found dough rised to the very top of the pan and later collapsed all the way down to the bottom. And later it rised back up again.

Well, it was worth waiting. I love the bread done. It tasted so good and we finished it in one breakfast!


Here's the recipe:

Water, lukewarm     290ml
Oil                           2 tablespoons
Salt                          1/2 teaspoon
Sugar                       1 teaspoon
Plain flour                480g
Dry Yeast                2 1/2 teaspoon


Methods:

1.   Ensure kneading blade sitting right up in the pan.
2.   Add ingredients in order listed.
3.   Press and select menu (Artisan-style dough), press "start".
4.   On completion, remove dough out, shape as desired.  Place on greased pan let it rise for 30 minutes.
5.   Glaze top as desired.
6.   Bake in oven 200 deg until golden and cook through ( tap and should sound hollow when tapped).

No comments: