Saturday, August 2, 2014

Corn Chia Bread


I was really happy with this Corn bread that I made a while ago.  It was so soft and fluffy!
Enjoy!




Ingredients: (750g loaf)
Water, lukewarm:    235ml
Butter or margarine:   15g ( I used grapeseed oil)
Polenta:     40g
White sugar:    3 teaspoons ( I used honey)
Salt:    1 teaspoon
Skim milk powder:     3 teaspoons
Chia seeds:   3 tablespoons
Bread improver:     1 teaspoon  ( I used 2 tablespoons yogurt)
Flour :   420g ( instead, I used wholemeal flour 210g and bread flour 210g).
Dry yeast:   1 teaspoon
Fruit & Nut dispenser :   55g canned corn kernels

Method:
1.  Wet ingredients goes in first.  Lastly, the yeast before flours.
2.  Set menu to "wheat" ( I used "Basic" and all went well with the texture in the end result surprisingly).  Choose " light crust" and  "750g" loaf.
3.  Press " start".
4.  Let the bread sits in container for 10 minutes.  Rest on cooling rack after that.
5.  Good luck!

Note:  Quick look at dough during first 5 to 10 minutes.  You do not want a too dry / stiff dough nor too wet a dough. So adjust it by adding one tablespoon water per time or, adding one tablespoon of flour per time when necessary.

No comments: