Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Wholemeal rolls




Sometimes I shape the dough into buns so my children can have some varieties of what I've made for them, they like it that way.  I try to roll lots of seeds and grains onto the top to "trick" them to eat, that's the way I do it.

Whenever I bake bread, I always do a large batch. 600g running in my bread machine as usual, it usually makes about 16 buns of my ideal size of buns. 





Here's the simple recipe ( some ideas from kimmy cooking pleasure):

1.  Milk and egg added up to 250ml lukewarm water.
2.  Tangzhong     190ml
3.  Oil     2 tablespoons
4.  Honey   3 tablespoons
5.  Salt  1 teaspoon 
6.  Skim milk powder   2 tablespoons
7.  Bread flour   600g
8.  Instant yeast   2 teaspoons
9.  Lots of grains and seeds

Methods:

1.   Mix and whisk well the milk, egg and tangzhong in the water.
2.   Wet  ingredients go in first.  Sugar on one side while salt on the other side.
3.  When complete ,  deflate the air bubbles on working surface, rest dough for 10 minutes.
4.   Shape dough into bun shapes, place them in the pan and let it rise for about one hour or, until double it's sizes.
5.   Have a quick spray of water on buns before sprinkling grains and seeds all over.
6.   Bake in pre-heated oven of 180 deg for 15 minutes or until golden brown.



No comments: