Thursday, September 18, 2014

Banana Yoghurt Muffins ( chia seeds)


 I found this recipe has a very good rating/ reviews , so I gave it a go.  Yoghurt and bananas are healthy for kids' lunch.  I added chia seeds as decoration too.







 It is not too sweet, super moist, definitely a keeper.




I used 6 large holes muffin pan and 1 extra mini pan.

Recipe from: taste.com.au
Ingredients:

1 and 3/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup castor sugar
1 cup natural yoghurt
1 egg
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 large bananas, mashed

 note: I added chia seeds for decoration.




Method:

1.  Pre-heat oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 12- hold muffin pan ( I prefer big muffins, so I used 6 hole pan and an extra mini pan.  I used paper cups so I don't grease pan).
 Sift flour and sugar into a bowl.

2.  Combine yoghurt, egg, oil and mashed bananas in a large bowl. Gradually add dry ingredients, stirring until just combined ( note: do not over mixed).

3.  Spoon mixture into muffin holes. ( I had some chia seeds over the surface of the muffins).
 Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.

4.  Stand muffins in pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cold.
5. Enjoy!



No comments: