Sunday, September 21, 2014

Melt and mix coconut cake ( quick and easy)



A light afternoon tea cake



I baked this many times over the years, it is always welcome in the parties.  When you are rushing and just want to bake a simple delicious cake, this would be the one.  So easy that,  even a young child can do it.


I had this recipe from  one of the cooking magazines I read a decade ago, I can't remember which.  Anyway,  it is a good recipe.



Ingredients:

Self raising flour  225g
Castor sugar  275g  ( I reduced to 200g)
Desiccated coconut  110g
Butter, melted  125g
3 eggs, lightly beaten
Milk  180ml






Method:

1.  Grease and flour 21cm baba pan.
2.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix it with a wooden spoon. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3.  Bake at pre-heated oven 180C about 45 minutes.
4.  Let it rest in pan for 10 minutes.
5.  Invert cake and continue to let it cool on wire rack.
6.  Happy baking!



No comments: